Thursday, December 1, 2016

getting ready for Folktales' Christmas Open House...

Here is a sneak peek of some of the new things ready for this weekend's Christmas Open House
Buttermilk Basin's "Bringing Holiday Cheer"  
3 new tea towel embroideries.  Pattern $9.00


 Gingerbread Christmas Pillow by Plumcute.  
Pattern $10.00.  Pattern and fabric kit  $24.95
 This is the free pattern that will be given to all 
attending the Open House.
 Jolly Jo from Bits and Pieces by Joan.  Pattern $8.00.  I made him from wool but he could also be made from 
woolfelt or homespun fabrics
 Another new Santa from Bits and Pieces by Joan. 
 This pattern is also $8.00
 This is "The Nativity".  I have spent a long time working on the embroideries.  Very pleased with the finished results.  I had to re-figure most of the pattern in order to trim the embroideries without cutting off heads or toes.  I will edit the directions with all the changes I made in the trimming and sashing measurements, but for now you could certainly start the stitcheries!  I think it was worth the extra effort.  The pattern is $18.00
 Thank you, Nikki Crisp, for doing such a great quilting job!





 Another project from "Birdhouse Designs".  This is Snowbuddies.  It includes preprinted fabric with the design all ready to stitch!  The pattern with the preprinted fabric is $20.00. 
 The complete kit with all the fabrics, floss and pattern is $24.95.
 I am loving this project!  So fun and easy.  The "Fold 'n Stitch" pattern is $9.00 and can be a table topper or a hanging wreath!  I am planning to make these for different seasons and as a gift for friends.  I think I will be busy making these for a while!
 A new apron for the holidays!


 oops...here is the 3rd tea towel from Butterilk Basin. 
 Better late than never!

That is it for now.  Hope you have a chance to stop in Friday or Saturday!  Next blog I will post pics of some of the new fabrics that have been arriving.  Another important update is that
 FOLKTALES WILL BE CLOSED SUNDAYS AND MONDAYS beginning in January 2017.
more time to play with my new grand daughter
 due to arrive in early February!